Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

New Battlefield confirmed for 2016 release

The announcement was made by Blake Jorgensen, CFO of EA, during an investor call while discussing the future of its flagship titles. He said, “What we’ve said is that our intention over the next couple of years is to have a first-person shooter as one of the core titles. This year, obviously, it’s Star Wars Battlefront. Next year, it’s another Battlefield title.”

Not much is known about the new Battlefield game but it has been speculated that it will return to its military setting.

News of a new Battlefield was first reported back in October by Andrew Wilson, CEO of EA, during a conference call. It was discussed the possibility of releasing a new Battlefield game sometime between 2016 and 2017.

Battlefield is a military themed shooter series developed by DICE and published by EA. The series is well known for its multiplayer that features open world maps and has players focus on working in teams to complete an objective.

The last game in the series, Battlefield: Hardline, was released on March 17 and it was praised by critics along with fans.

Written By

You may also like:

Life

In Canada, there are thousands of online searches for terms like “consumer proposal” and “minimum payment” every month.

Business

Cooperation on artificial intelligence was discussed by US President Donald Trump and China's Xi Jinping at talks in Beijing last week.

Business

Stellantis, owner of the Jeep and Fiat brands, announced Tuesday that it would start building smaller, low-cost electric cars for the European market.

Business

Technology leaders want to lead the AI revolution, but three quarters of their CEOs think IT is too busy putting out fires.