The global Ion Exchange Resin Market was valued at USD 1,430.1 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2,063.3 Million by 2028, at a CAGR 4.6%. An ion-exchange resin or ion-exchange polymer is a resin or polymer that acts as a medium for ion exchange. These beads generally provide a large surface area on and inside them. These beads are typically porous. Ion exchange is a process where ions are trapped occurring along with the accompanying release of other ions. There are numerous types of ion exchange resins. Usually white or yellowish, fabricated from an organic polymer substrate, an ion exchange resin is an insoluble matrix (or support structure) normally in the form of small (0.25-0.5 mm radius) microbeads. Ion exchange resins have the capacity to eliminate chlorine, organic mixtures and radioactive foundations such as uranium and lanthanum resulting in increasing application scope in chemical processing, food & beverage, waste water treatment, power generation, electronics and mining.
The most common examples of the applications of ion exchange resins are water softening and water purification. Intensifying consciousness towards purification and softening of water is also being observed in industrial claims is projected to have a vital role in driving the ion exchange market. Owing to technological progressions and exceptional efficiency, consumer preferences are shifting towards ion exchange resins from conventional resins. Rigorous regulations towards water conservation and the decreasing availability of fresh water is expected to drive the growth of the ion exchange resins market. Separately from these market drivers, there are few drawbacks which may hamper the market in the coming years. Drawbacks predominantly include chlorin contamination and organic contamination of resins. Clearance of spent ion exchange resins is being governed by rules and regulations to ensure that they don’t cause any potential harm.
Top Industry Players for this Market Study are: DowDuPont Inc. (US), Purolite Corporation (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan), LANXESS AG (Germany), Ion Exchange (India) Ltd. (India), and Thermax Ltd. (India), Resin Tech Inc.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1489
Key findings from the report
- Only 60% of the industrial wastewater is treated, while roughly 40% of the treated water does not conform to the prearranged standards
- In case of sewage treatment, the situation is excessively stern, as globally, the urban area has capacity to treat just 37% of the sewage generated
- Dow Chemical Company launched next-generation ion exchange resins, which were re-engineered specifically to attain efficient industrial water treatment. Such launches are proving to be lucrative to the ion exchange resins market
- The power segment is likely to lead the ion exchange resin market with the market share of 47.6% during the forecast period among the end use industries due to environmental regulations by various water treatment industries and also, due to rising number of nuclear power plant in various countries
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation started selling river water treatment systems to public and private sectors in Myanmar, where the economic growth is anticipated to drive the demand for safe drinking water
- Municipal water treatment sector is expected to witness a major demand for ion exchange resins. This is so mainly, because it helps in removing the impurities to the maximum extent possible
- Asia-Pacific regional segment of the ion exchange resin market is expected to register itself as highest growing segment during the forecasted period, at a CAGR of 5.6%; owing it to the qualitative as well as quantitative market potential offered in developing nations such as China & India
- Approximately, 33% of the global population faces moderate or severe water shortage. Besides, it is suggested that roughly, 4.5 billion people will be required the need of consumption of polluted water resources by the end of the forecast period
Browse Complete Report “Ion Exchange Resin Market” @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/ion-exchange-resin-market
To impart a better understanding, the Ion Exchange Resin market is further segmented on the basis of types, application, technologies, and key geographies where the market has already established its presence.
Type (Revenue in USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Cationic Resins
- Anionic Resins
Application (Revenue in USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Water softening
- Water purification
- Metal purification
- Purification of antibiotics
By End Use Industry (Revenue in USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverage
- Electrical & Electronics
- Metal & Mining
Request Customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1489
Regional analysis section covers analysis of the Ion Exchange Resin market in the major geographies of the world including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa with regards to production and consumption pattern, supply and demand ratio, import/export, revenue contribution, market share and market size, and presence of key players in the region.
Detailed Regional Analysis Covers:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Thank you for reading our report. For further query on the report and customization, please connect with us. Our team will ensure you get the report best suited for your needs.
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Materials and Chemicals Industry:
Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Films Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Application, By Type, And By Region Forecast To 2028
Medical Polymers Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product, By Application, And By End-Use, And By Region Forecast To 2028
Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) Films Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application, And By Region Forecast To 2028
Plastic Pallets Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By End-Use Industry, And By Region, Forecast To 2027
Polyaspartic Resin Market Size, Trends & Analysis, By Type, System, End User and Regional Forecast over 2017-2027
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-ion-exchange-resin-market
Browse Our Related Reports:
Note: The Heraldkeepers News Department was not involved in the creation of this content.
If you have any problem with this press release? Contact the source provider Heraldkeepers.com, you can contact them here.