U.S. President-elect Donald Trump announced that Dan Scavino will be an assistant to the president and he will be the social media director. Trump’s statement, which was released on Thursday, said Scavino will work on the White House communications team alongside Jason Miller, Sean Spicer and Hope Hicks.
Trump said that the team has played a key role during both his campaign and transition. He added that he was excited for the four assistants to lead the team that will communicate his agenda that will make the country great again.
Although there’s no public list on every single account Scavino has blocked, there are possibly hundreds of Twitter users who claim he has blocked them. Many journalists claim they were blocked.
Blake Hounshell told BuzzFeed news that he was blocked by Scavino and had no idea why. Hounshell is editor-in-chief at Politico Magazine. He said he may have criticized him once in the past, but he can’t recall. He added that Scavino was the only Trump person to block him.
A writer for Breitbart News said he was blocked by Scavino. Lee Stranahan said he literally had no clue why he was blocked. He said it was ironic that he was blocked and that Scavino is the social media director.
No clue why.
— Lee Stranahan (@stranahan) December 22, 2016
A few of Trump’s supporters have claimed they were blocked by Scavino. One supporter said he believed he was mistakenly blocked by Scavino and asked if he could be unblocked.
— George Lombardo (@george_lombardo) February 29, 2016
Scavino met Trump when he was just 16-years-old. Since then, he has spent his life working for Trump. He was a caddie at a golf club in Briarcliff and he is a graduate of Yorktown High School and a resident of Hopewell Junction, NY.