Over the last two years, people have gone through a lot of changes both personally and professionally. To thrive in 2022, business-to-business (B2B) companies must lean into digital-first marketing and sales.
COVID restrictions and lack of in person interactions required all companies to pivot to a digital-first motion. However, only 8% of B2B companies rated their digital-first sales and marketing efforts as excellent in 2021. “Digital-first marketing and virtual selling is no longer a nice-to-have for B2B companies – it’s a top requirement and companies must invest in digital-first marketing i.e. brand, messaging and positioning, unique and differentiated content and top channels like websites, emails as well as virtual sales to accelerate revenue generation.” said Mariya Finkelshteyn, Founder and CEO of Orchid Agency.
Entice audiences with an engagement hub and develop always-on experiences that create lasting benefits for prospects and customers and generate more leads and sales. In fact, more than 70% of decision-makers prefer remote interactions.
To personalize and humanize always-on experiences, companies must invest in:
– Email is the most common and ROI favorable channel, generating $40 ROI per $1 invested. Companies leverage this channel for every type of behavior-triggered interaction from nurture campaigns, to shopping cart abandonment, to thought leadership, to customer advocacy and loyalty campaigns, to re-engagement campaigns and more.
– Videos offer an unmatched experience of learning and personality that simply written content can’t. As industries grow, make sure to create ways that can attract attention and allow prospects and customers to engage easily with content and offers.
– An engagement hub is a digital, always-on community which includes live, and on-demand webinars along with multimedia assets and provides a pool of educational content in a single digital platform.
Produce stand-out webinars
Since 2020, webinars have replaced face-to-face interactions and helped businesses engage with their diverse, global audiences. However, companies must evolve webinar experience outside of the traditional one-to-many interaction, in order to drive a higher volume of attendees and engagement. One way to do so is to create breakout rooms in the webinar experience and allow audiences to network and connect with each other. This space for virtual networking, connection and idea sharing will make webinars standout from the rest.
Create personalized experiences
Personalization is the key to stand out and thrive in a digital-first world. By creating personalized content experiences companies can accelerate buyer journeys and achieve real-time insights. Through this, companies can create content that targets unique industries, individual accounts, and buyer’s stages.
Personalization in a virtual setting presents no barriers to interaction among attendees as well as lets them ask more questions and drive more engagement than during live events. More so, this transforms a limited face-to-face event into a virtual experience that can reach a larger, global audience. The leap towards a digital-first future is worth it.
B2B Marketing Platforms for Effective Marketing in a Digital-First World
Marketing to businesses is way different from marketing to an individual consumer. There are a lot of things to work on before developing an effective marketing strategy. It takes time, effort, creative minds, resourcefulness, channel decisions, and budget to come up with a winning marketing plan that prioritizes the right marketing channels, to accelerate revenue growth.
In 2022, a successful B2B marketing strategy must include the following:
– Build a great website as it is the first place where prospects, customers, investors and community see and interact with the brand. A website needs to look good, be functional and easy to navigate, and provide relevant, high-quality information. However, it is never easy to build a great website and tools like Webflow, Squarespace, and others offer quality services to build and launch a website.
– Deploy personalized marketing campaigns by sending the right message to the right audience at the right time. Multi-channel marketing campaigns can drive traffic, awareness, and sales qualified leads. By creating useful content and posting it on website and social media accounts for SEO purposes, nailing the design, nurturing and following up with leads, companies can build a rapport and accelerate revenue generation.
– Use various marketing automation platforms like HubSpot and Pardot, send emails at scale to the right segmented audience at the right time. These platforms recently expanded capabilities beyond email marketing to help businesses deliver multi-channel campaigns across social media, advertising and other channels.
In the last two years, B2B companies have recognized the value of digital-first marketing and sales. An effective marketing strategy that delivers personalized, multi-channel experiences will significantly accelerate revenue and help companies thrive in 2022 and beyond.