TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — This week the Ontario Federation of Labour released a joint statement highlighting six key demands that workers urgently need from the Ford government.
On Saturday, January 22 at 1:00 p.m., the Ontario Federation of Labour will join with hundreds of frontline workers and their supporters for a Phone Zap. At this virtual action, workers will make phone calls to members of Ford’s Conservative government urging the immediate implementation of the demands released this week.
The demands include:
- Recall the legislature for an emergency session
- Repeal Bills 124 and 195
- Legislate a minimum of 10 permanent, employer-paid sick days
- Hold an emergency summit of all stakeholders in the health care system
- Require health care and educational institutions to provide airborne precautions
- Launch an emergency public health campaign
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Link: Email [email protected] to receive the Zoom link
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications
Ontario Federation of Labour
[email protected] l 416-894-3456