The outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 muted CAPEX investments and installations of process equipment in various end-use industries. However, with gradually increasing production rates, along with dwindling water intake resources, sales of zero liquid discharge systems in Africa is anticipated to rise, opines FMI.
In addition to this, stringent regulations regarding effluent management and discharge guidelines issued by regional authorities are propelling the adoption of zero liquid discharge systems in Africa, enabling lucrative growth prospects in the market in forthcoming years.
Owing to rising demand for zero liquid discharge systems, market players are offering aftersales services, complete installation, pre-packed systems, and robust aftersales services to gain a competitive edge in the market. This factor is driving developments and technological advancements in ZLD systems, which in turn is fostering sales of the same.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Increasing scope of zero effluent discharge and provision of reuse in process stages is driving sales of hybrid zero liquid systems over conventional effluent management systems. Hybrid zero liquid discharge systems offer high efficiency and reduce energy consumption, while offering long term economic benefits.
Besides this, expansion of chemicals, petrochemicals, mining & metallurgy, and textile industries will continue spurring demand for zero liquid discharge systems in the forthcoming years.
“New system installations and overhauling of traditional effluent treatment plants will positively shape the demand outlook for zero liquid discharge systems over the forecast period. Along with this, increasing investments in the energy, mining and pharmaceutical industries will create lucrative prospects for market players in forthcoming years,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways of Zero Liquid Discharge System Market Study
- Based on system type, conventional ZLD segment is estimated to account for over 60% of the market share in 2021.
- Applications of ZLD systems in mining & metallurgy are anticipated to gain traction. The segment is projected to grow high CAGR of over 5.5% in 2021.
- Northern Africa and Southern Africa have been estimated to be the leading regional markets in terms of revenue generation, valued at US$ 10.9 Mn in 2021.
- Namibia is anticipated to emerge as an attractive market, accounting for 27.5% of the African zero liquid discharge system market share.
As per FMI’s analysis, the zero liquid discharge system market in Africa is highly consolidated, with leading players accounting for nearly 3/5th of the market share. Some of the key players in the market are are Veolia, SUEZ, GEA Group, ANDRITZ AG, Thermax Global Limited, IDE Technologies, Alfa Laval AB, Multotec Group, Condorchem Envitech, Cannon S.p.A. and Ion Exchange India Limited.
Ask us your Any Queries About this Report:
The top 5 players operating in the Africa zero liquid discharge system market include Veolia, SUEZ, GEA Group, Alfa Laval AB, and Multotec Group.
As a part of their growth strategies, key players are focusing on partnerships, project order bids, collaborations, acquisitions, technological advancements and innovations to strengthen their presence in the market. For instance:
- In September 2021, Veolia Water Technologies announced the development and construction of a next-gen recycling service center and mobile assets in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. The production facility will regenerate and recycle resins used in mobile water treatment process.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favour the market growth in various segments based on Source, Application, Sales Channel and End-Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights,
Unit No: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]