The COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdowns have caused economic hardships and distress around the world. Many businesses had to shut shop and are now limping back to normalcy. There is one category of people who have made the best use of the lockdowns and they are the freelancers. Most freelancers have worked from home for years and the pandemic became an opportunity for them. Sitting in the safety of their homes, freelancers have thrived during the pandemic. Many other working professionals who lost their jobs have turned to freelancing to make ends meeting.
The freelancing profession is on the cusp of a major revolution. With multiple waves of Coronaviruses seen around the world, the trend favours work from home allowing freelancers to thrive. During the pandemic, there were 36% working professionals who were freelancing as compared to 28%[i] the previous year. Clear evidence of the growth of freelancing. It is estimated that by 2030, 80% of all professionals could be freelancing[ii]. It is time to take a hard look at the freelance revolution that is taking over the world of business.
What is freelancing?
Freelancing means working independently rather than being employed by an organization. A freelancer is one who works on their own by using their skills to get jobs. These freelance jobs are usually done as assignments or projects. Sometimes, it can also include contract work. Most freelancers specialize in one or two areas and take up work in these areas offered by different clients. The freelancer has the freedom to take up jobs, which they want.
Freelancing allows you to take charge of your professional life. You can work when you want to and take up jobs from clients that you prefer. The money you earn would be proportional to the work you do. Freelancing is preferred even by businesses as they can outsource work to professionals as and when they need it instead of paying a regular salary. If you are skilled and experienced in any area of work, you can become a freelancer.
The freelance revolution and the opportunities it presents
The freelance revolution is creating a win-win situation for companies and freelancers. Companies can save the expenses spent on hiring people and pay only when work is needed. Freelancing gives companies the benefit of choosing the best among professionals in the market. For freelancers, this work model gives them freedom and allows them to manage their work-life balance efficiently. It opens up multiple opportunities and gives them a chance to work with the best companies.
The scale of the freelancing revolution can be understood by taking a look at these facts[iii]:
- There are 58 million freelancers in the US and by 2027, they would constitute a majority of the workforce.
- Google has only 46% permanent employees on its rolls. The rest are freelancers or contractors.
- The US is the fastest-growing market for freelancers with 78% growth in earnings. The UK is second with a 59% increase in earnings.
- 70% of small businesses are using the services of freelancers and intend to use their services again.
- Freelancers in the US earned a trillion dollars in 2019.
- A freelancer in the US can earn an average pay of $797 per week from freelancing ii.
The top ten jobs in freelancing were from the following domains:
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Voice over
- Art direction
- Content strategy
- Computer vision
- Microsoft Power B1
- Augmented development
There is a range of job areas where freelancing opportunities exist. This includes:
- Website development
- Logo designing
- Guest posting
- Blog posting
- Article writing
- Social media promotion
- Tax preparation
- Legal advice
- Public Relations
- Product design
The forthcoming trends in freelancing that would impact this sector include:
- Remote work is the future and will drive freelancing work.
- Apart from individuals working as freelancers, freelance teams are a trend to watch out for. Certain jobs require a team of freelancers to work together.
- Platforms are growing fast and are offering a community for freelancers and businesses.
- Freelancing is no longer seen as part-time work but will get the respect it deserves.
What is the freelance model offered by Gawdo.com?
Gawdo.com is a marketplace for freelancers. Freelancers can register on this portal and offer their services. They can highlight the skills in which they specialize. Any business or individual that requires the services of a freelancer can visit Gawdo.com. They can go through the profiles of freelancers with the details of the digital media services offered by them.
The freelance model requires businesses to choose from any of the freelancers listed. They can then use their services to get the work done. Once the work is done, they can review the work before approving and making the payment. Gawdo.com has a 7-day money-back guarantee for orders. If the customer is not happy with the work, they can get their money back. This guarantee is an assurance to businesses that they can expect the best services from Gawdo.com.
Each work assignment is considered as a project and the team at Gawdo.com co-ordinates between the customer and the freelancer to ensure quality in the work. Some of the services that Gawdo.com offers include:
- Guest posts to help in search engine optimization.
- Video marketing, including video & animation creation and video advertorial distribution.
- Marketing on various social media platforms.
- Content creation through blogs and podcasts.
- Graphics design work.
- A variety of business services like lead generation, website review, product photography, hosting webinars, etc.
Take the next step with Gawdo.com
The future prospects are exciting. If you are a freelancer and wish to be a part of this fast-growing sector, then you can contact one of the top portals like Gawdo.com. The portal has jobs on offer in various areas. If you are running a business and wish to outsource your work, you can visit Gawdo.com to find the best freelancer to work on the job.
Source – HeraldKeepers
Note: The Heraldkeepers News Department was not involved in the creation of this content.
If you have any problem with this press release? Contact the source provider Heraldkeepers.com, you can contact them here.