“Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market” report has been added to DelveInsight
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness disease Overview
Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) as a serious symptom that can have many different causes; however, it is not a disorder in itself. It frequently occurs in the general population and is a common feature of many other psychiatric conditions particularly affective disorders (e.g., depression, atypical depression, seasonal affective disorder) and psychosis (e.g., schizophrenia), and in patients taking certain psychiatric medications (e.g., benzodiazepines, tricyclic antidepressants).
Download a free sample copy now- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/excessive-daytime-sleepiness-eds-market
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market: Regions Covered
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Company
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Drugs
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Symptoms
Excessive sleepiness is a common symptom that may be related to sleep deprivation or other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy, Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), and SWSD (Shift Work Sleep Disorder). It is estimated that 20% of the population can be classified as having Excessive Sleepiness (sometimes referred to as Excessive Daytime Sleepiness).
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Causes
The common causes of EDS are poor sleep habits, such as a reduced opportunity for sleep or irregular sleep schedule, a sleep disorder like Obstructive Sleep Apnea, side effects from certain medications, and other underlying medical conditions.
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Insights
Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) is a highly prevalent complaint associated with significant adverse effects on health, workplace and academic performance, absenteeism, and overall health and safety. The treatment of EDS is based on the underlying cause of the condition. Traditionally, amphetamine-like stimulants (i.e., dopaminergic release enhancers) have been used for clinical management to improve EDS, along with tricyclic antidepressants, which have been used as anticataplectics.
The underlying cause of the EDS determines the type of treatment given to the patients. These include non-pharmacologic approaches; pharmacologic treatments (sympathomimetic agents; caffeine, etc.); Central Nervous Stimulants [Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Methylin, Methylin ER), Mixed Amphetamine Salts (Adderall IR, Adderall XR), Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dexedrine SR), Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)] and other rapid eye movement (REM) sleep medications.
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Research Report
In the case of sleep apnea, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine can be used. Medication can also be prescribed for patients with narcolepsy to help them remain awake and productive during the day. Shift workers who persistently feel sleepy during work hours may also benefit from medication if adjusting sleep habits does not help, or if rotating schedules make it challenging to sleep sufficiently. In case of failure behavioral changes to improve sleep, medication may be an option.
Previously approved therapeutics includes Modafinil (Provigil) and armodafinil (Nuvigil), which are the possible medications to treat excessive sleepiness. These medications work by changing the action of certain chemicals in the brain and have “monoaminergic” effects (altering neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin). Other possible medications are stimulants, such as methylphenidate (Ritalin).
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Report Highlights
- The increasing prevalence of the disease along with promising emerging pipeline therapies will positively drive the EDS market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence EDS R&D.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for EDS. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the EDS market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Get a free sample copy now- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/excessive-daytime-sleepiness-eds-market
Table of content
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS)
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS)
4. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) : Market Overview at a Glance
5. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) : Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) Treatment
11. Marketed Products
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) : Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS)
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States