Fridge or refrigerator is an essential domestic electrical appliance to keep foods and beverages fresh for a long time. It also helps in reducing food wastage.
As a result, it has become an integral part of modern life. Without a fridge, a house just cannot even be imagined. It is the reason why the appliance owner needs fridge repair immediately after they stop working or starts malfunctioning.
Usually, a fridge of a good company does not run wrong. They function uninterrupted without giving any troubles. A technician should thoroughly repair the fridge offering a guarantee period of at least three to six months.
But all mechanical household electrical goods are liable to turn faulty or develop mechanical snag due to their constant use and that too for long hours. Here, the fridge or refrigerator is no different from them.
Does the Fridge Need A Repair?
A refrigerator may need urgent repair due to the following reasons:
1. A refrigerator doesn’t start when it is turned on. It means either its power connection is faulty or the machine has a mechanical problem. The fridge requires repair.
2. The fridge door has jammed or not opening.
3. The ice maker is not working. The water kept in it not freezing to create ice cubes.
4. Water is leaking from the fridge.
5. Current is passing on the main body of the fridge. The user gets an electric shock while touching its metallic body.
6. Cooling is not being done properly.
7. One gets foul smell coming from inside the fridge. It can be burning smells too.
8. The fridge is giving strange or loud sounds.
These are common problems with the fridge when they develop mechanical snags.
Cautions for Fridge Repair
Don’t ever try to go for do-it-yourself (DIY) as it can be risky for life. It runs on electricity. Hence, a little mistake may result in electrocution that can be life-threatening.
Besides, the DIY method of Fridge Repair may result in permanent damage to the appliance. It may cost more money and investment. One should always opt for the fridge repairing instead.
A few essential factors to be kept in mind regarding fridge repairing;
The exact identification of the problem
Identifying the exact problem is necessary. A technician may troubleshoot the problem as per the requirement.
Ascertaining Mechanical Expertise of Mechanics
Repairing fridge is a highly expertise-oriented technical job. Hence, a wrong assessment of the problem may result in further problems. It is always advisable to choose only the highly skilled repair hands for it.
Enquire on Delivery Status
The faulty fridge must be repaired and delivered on the same day. If delivery is delayed, the food in home may be damaged or food cannot be kept fresh for a long time.
Issuance of Guarantee Period
Often, fridges again start giving troubles soon after their repair. It can happen if the mechanic is not professionally qualified. Therefore, always insist on a guarantee card or written assurances of repairing the fridge free of cost if it again turns faulty before the given guarantee period.