Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

Privatization News

Op-Ed: Liberals may privatize airports to raise money and also donations

Ottawa - If the Harper government had tried to privatize Canadian airports there would be a huge outcry from the Liberals and no doubt the New Democratic Party (NDP) as well, but now it seems the Liberals are seriously considering doing so.

Op-Ed: Saskatchewan government to partially privatize crown corporation

Regina - The Saskatchewan government plans to privatize 60% of a Crown corporation, the Information Services Corporation (ISC). The government would retain the other 40%.

Human Be-in confronts privatized public parks Special

San Francisco - In San Francisco's Golden Gate Park the trend of "privatizing" taxpayer-funded public resources by turning management of them over to private companies was recently confronted by the ghost of an older movement.

Op-Ed: Private Armies and Private Military Companies (PMCs)

The end of the Cold War spelled the termination of many an illustrious career in the military and the secret services - as well as the destabilization and disintegration of many states.

Lysander Spooner and the United States Postal Monopoly

On May 11 the US Post Office is raising the price of stamps by 2¢. Even in the face of increasing prices, many people will argue that the Post Office is necessary because a private organization could never perform these functions for a similar cost.

South Korea pushes privatisation programme

In spite of the global financial crisis that is forcing investors to cash in their chips the government of South Korea is looking to attract more foreign direct investment (FDI) through a sale of private sector shares and public assets.

Argentina's Lower House Approves Pension Takeover

Argentina's lower house has passed a controversial bill that will nationalise $26bn of pension funds. The bill passed by 160 to 75 votes.

Privatization, Chinese style: New laws covering state assets

China is taking steps to secure state assets, and “maintain the basics of the country’s economic structure” according to Xinhua. The current ideology is that socialism governs, but private equity is now an acknowledged factor in the economy.

Military Privatization and Red Tape Blamed for Walter Reed

The military wonders why its image is tarnished as of late. Could it be because incompetence abounds in the upper ranks? That is my opinion.
 

Search Digital Journal Archives


Set up a news alert for

Privatization


Privatization Image

Walter Briscoe  a.k.a.  the Briscoe Kid  with his friends (l to r) Queen Sheba Diva  Mr. Buster Hunt...
Walter Briscoe, a.k.a. "the Briscoe Kid" with his friends (l to r) Queen Sheba Diva, Mr. Buster Hunter and Hansome The Lion King were on their usual walk across the park when they stumbled across the Human Be-in on September 15, 2012. "There's lots of people here. Usually me and my dogs are the only ones here. It's really quiet and all you hear is birds and the wind."
Trump advisors suggest it would be a great idea to privatize oil and gas-rich reservations lands.
Trump advisors suggest it would be a great idea to privatize oil and gas-rich reservations lands.
Clean Air Council
Ed Dunn  executive director of the HANC recycling center  negotiates terms of the Human Be-in with a...
Ed Dunn, executive director of the HANC recycling center, negotiates terms of the Human Be-in with another organizer and SFPD officers on September, 14, 2012.
Peter Masek  Andrew Wong  Samsun Van Loon and Charith Premawardhana of the group Classical Revolutio...
Peter Masek, Andrew Wong, Samsun Van Loon and Charith Premawardhana of the group Classical Revolution perform Mozart and Dvorak at the HANC recycling center in Golden Gate Park.
As you can see from the map  Native Americans were driven West after Europeans came to these shores....
As you can see from the map, Native Americans were driven West after Europeans came to these shores. Now, just two percent of the land is relegated to the tribes.
U.S. Department of the Interior/NPS
Kristen Hawkes  David Schiller  Michael Truxton and Andy Youngstrom play at the Human Be-in in San F...
Kristen Hawkes, David Schiller, Michael Truxton and Andy Youngstrom play at the Human Be-in in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on September 15, 2012.
Untitled
Dallas Goldtooth/Twitter

Latest News
Top News