The Eastern Golden Hall was built in 726. The present structure is a reconstruction of the original building dating from 1415. The hall contains a precious collection of Buddhist statues, paintings, ancient books, craftworks and historical documents.
The Northern Octagonal Hall was built in 721. The present structure is a reconstruction of the original from 1210. Several important figures, which are Japan's National Treasures, are housed in this building.
A children's sanctuary at Kofuku Temple. Red bibs are placed on small headstones as prayer for still-born or aborted babies in the hope that it would shorten the time children have to suffer before being liberated into Nirvana.