Earlier this week, Google announced it was delaying the launch of the pilot program for its "Project Ara" modular smartphones. Users can swap out components as every aspect of the phone is removable. Unfortunately, it apparently falls apart when dropped.
A recent letter published by doctors in The Lancet highlights the dangers associated with ingestion of magnets. The doctors are warning parents to take extra care their children do not accidentally swallow them.
Kids will be kids and little boys and little girls are always swallowing things, putting things up their noses or in their ears, but the most recent case of a child swallowing a magnet caused intestinal problems that required surgery to correct.