Hand sanitizers have been touted as the next best thing to soap and water for cleaning our hands and getting rid of harmful germs. But one frightening downside to these sanitizers is the danger they pose to children who ingest them.
Grand Rapids -
A five-year-old girl is recovering from alcohol poisoning after the kindergartner drank an entire bottle of hand sanitizer at school Tuesday, telling her mother "strawberry chocolate was her favorite."
Last month, six California teenagers were hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after they got drunk on hand sanitizer. Questions are now being asked whether hand sanitizers are the latest household products teens drink for alcohol.