The ancient city of Ayutthaya was the Thai capital for over 400 years and one of the largest and most magnificent cities in Southeast Asia. Impressive ruins of temples and palaces show the remains of this once glorious city ravaged by war.
Left of the picture: The Pavillion in the Lake (Phra Thinang Aisawan Thipaya) at Bang Pa-In Palace, built in 1876, is one of the most beautiful structures in Thailand.
Right of the picture: The Thewarat Khanlai Gate. The building is not really a gate but rather a boat house designed by an Italian architect hired by the Thai king.