Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageiPad materials may be causing allergic reactions in some users

By Walter McDaniel     Jul 14, 2014 in Technology
If you are one of the many people who has an iPad and enjoy using it regularly you might be at risk for a rash or other problems.
Doctors Sharon Jacob and Shehla Admani studied an 11-year-old boy who came down with a severe rash after using his iPad each day. Doctors tested the device and found out that it contained nickel, according to a report by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Many people have an allergy to nickel which causes something known as contact dermatitis". You can develop a rash or hives just by touching something with a decent amount of nickel in it. The allergy will persist as long as the person is still using any device causing it but is seldom life-threatening. There are rare cases where it can lead to bacterial growth or blood poisoning complications.
The iPad has become a fixture in many homes after millions of sales. The iPad itself has received praise from sites such as CNN for how popular it is with children. Some authors are adding this latest incident to their misgivings about how healthy the devices are for children.
More about Nickel, Elements, Allergies, Health, Technology
 
Latest News
Top News