Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article image7-year-old girl injured by exploding Samsung Galaxy S2

By James Walker     May 7, 2014 in Technology
Astana - A 7-year-old girl living in Astana, Kazakhstan, has received serious burns and injuries to her legs after her Samsung Galaxy S2 in her pocket exploded.
After hearing screams, her parents ran out to find her in the garden on the ground next to her smoking, ruined phone. It quickly became apparent that the device had exploded.
The girl was burnt so severely that a major skin graft will be required to rebuild the damage. It went all the way to the bone and the temperatures reached momentarily were so extreme that her skin fused to the jeans she was wearing.
Samsung is reported to have offered to pay for all associated medical bills but has asked for the remnants of the device to be returned for testing and analysis to find the cause of the issue.
A 7 year old girl living in Astana  Kazakhstan  has received serious burns and injuries to her legs ...
A 7 year old girl living in Astana, Kazakhstan, has received serious burns and injuries to her legs after her Samsung Galaxy S2 in her pocket exploded.
The Mirror
Like many other recent similar incidents, however, it looks likely that the fault was caused by the usage of a 3rd party, unofficial battery with the device. Although this is just speculation, initial photos received of the device appear to show a battery different in appearance to the official Samsung ones. Companies including Samsung now heavily campaign to help protect users from the dangers of 3rd party devices after widespread similar incidents of burning and overheating over the past few years made it to press reports.
Ariana is reportedly still in intense shock and pain in hospital but she should make a full recovery.
More about Child, Injury, Burning, Battery, Exploding
More news from
Latest News
Top News