Despite so many good games released, these are among the best of 2013 that gamers would enjoy:
Payday 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- An online first person-shooter that has players work with a crew of four to execute a successful robbery while trying to hold out against the cops. Dallas, Hoxton, Chains and Wolf are back to organize and execute a series of robberies in the Washington DC area.
The Last of Us (PS3)
- A horror survival game that has gamers embark on a journey across post-apocalyptic America while fighting other survivors and zombies. Joel must escort Ellie to a resistance camp as her blood may hold the cure to the infection that has ravaged the world.
ARMA III (PC)
- The third game in the tactical shooter series that tries to bring the most realistic combat experience. NATO forces have been deployed to an island nation in the Mediterranean to fend off against an offense by Iran.
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- A spinoff to Far Cry 3
and a homage to the B-films of the 80's, players embark on a mission to save the dystopian future of 2007. Sgt. Rex "Power" Colt (voiced by Michael Biehn
), a Cyber Commando, must stop Colonel Sloan and his evil android army from taking over the world (oh and there are mutant dinosaurs).
Metro: Last Light (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Based on Dmitry Glukhovsky's acclaimed novel that will take players back to the the horror of the post-apocalyptic Moscow Metro. Artyom embarks on a quest of personal redemption as he must save the last remaining Dark One in the hopes of seeking salvation for society.
DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Despite all the controversy
regarding Dante's new look, this reboot maintained everything fans loved about the original game. The game follows Dante as he fights the demons that control the population of Limbo City.
State of Decay (Xbox 360, PC)
- An open world horror survival that could easily be described as Dead Island
done right. A deadly virus has been unleashed in the Trumbull Valley area causing havoc among the population. The player must locate other survivors, establish a shelter, find supplies and try to survive.
Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- The fourth game in the series could easily be described as Volition Inc. tribute to video game culture and the B-movies of the 80's. Five years after the "Save Shaundi" ending of Saints Row: The Third
, the leader of the Saints has been elected President of the United States. However the world is in danger when the Zin Empire invades and imprisons the Saints in a virtual recreation of Steelport City. Its up to the player to reunite with the other Saints and save humanity.
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- A 2D fighting game set in a 3D environment that features a galley of DC characters. After the destruction of Metropolis and losing everything that mattered at the hands of the Joker; Superman has established a new world order. Not everyone supports this regime and so Batman leads an insurgency that boils over into an alternative universe were the Joker's plot failed.
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
- One of the best launch titles
of the new consoles, that continues the story of the hostility between the Vektans and Helghast. After the destruction of their planet, the Helghasts have been given shelter on Vekta. Yet tension between the two is at an all time high while a terrorist group is planning to exploit the situation.
Marvel: Heroes (PC)
- A free to play MMORPG that has gamers take on the role of their favorite Marvel hero. Doctor Doom has obtained the Cosmic Cube and recruited several villainous organizations to help him with his evil plot. The Marvel heroes must work alongside S.H.I.E.L.D to stop Doctor Doom and his allies.
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- The third game in the Arkham
trilogy takes gamers back to the Dark Knight's early days. On Christmas Eve, eight of the worlds most deadliest assassins have come to Gotham City to collect a $50 million bounty put on Batman's head by Black Mask.
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
- The sixth game in the series takes players to the Golden Age of Piracy. Edward Kenway, a privateer and a member of the Assassin Order, must unravel a conspiracy among the Templars within the European empires who are trying to locate the Sage under the ruse of fighting piracy in the Caribbean.
BioShock: Infinite (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- The third game in the series takes players on a path of redemption by journeying into an American nightmare. Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton with a troubled past, is given a second chance by a mysterious benefactor who hires him to infiltrate the flying-city of Columbia and rescue a young women named Elizabeth. Upon his arrival to Colombia, DeWitt gets mixed up in a civil war that pits the Founders (an ultra-nationalist faction) against the Vox Populi (a communist-anarchist faction).
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Hands down, the best game of 2013 which generated over a $1 billion in sales and possibly raised the bar for video games. Michael Townley, a former robber in witness protection, is forced back into his old profession (with his protege, Franklin Clinton) to pay a debt to a drug lord. This gets the attention of Trevor Philips (his former partner in crime) and a corrupt FIB agent (based on the FBI) who uses the group as pawns in his petty feud with the IAA (based on the CIA).