Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageManny Pacquiao confirms Nov. 5 fight after meeting with Bob Arum

By Leo Reyes     Aug 9, 2016 in Sports
After meeting with promoter Bob Arum at the Shangri-La Hotel in Makati City, Philippines Tuesday, eight-division world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao confirmed his Nov. 5 fight against Jessie Vargas at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Arum, who served as Pacquiao's promoter for over a decade, flew in from the US early in the week to inform Pacquiao about his arrangement with Vargas and to discuss the details of the fight which is scheduled for Nov. 5.
Last week Arum said there was nothing certain about the Pacquiao-Vargas fight as he needs to sit down with Pacquiao during his scheduled Manila trip.
“Everybody is jumping the gun about Manny fighting Jessie Vargas on November 5 after learning that there is a negotiation but no agreement has been reached yet because I need to talk first to Manny when I go there in Manila," Arum told Manila Times.
After the meeting which was also attended by Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz and Pacquiao's wife Jinkee, Pacquiao said the Vargas fight is on.
“Yes, the fight is on. I have agreed to a Nov. 5 fight with reigning WBO Welterweight champion Jessie Vargas,” Senator Pacquiao bared.
While the fight contract was not signed during the meeting, Koncz said Pacquiao and Arum will meet again later for the contract signing.
Arum, who has declined some media interviews lately has yet to disclose more details about his meeting with Pacquiao with regards to the neophyte senator's fight plans after the Vargas bout.
The 84-year-old promoter holds a promotional contract with Pacquiao until 2017.
More about Boxing, Manny Pacquiao, Bob arum
More news from
Sports Video
Latest News
Top News