http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/348439

Moscow fire and explosion kills 3, injures 7 (video)

Posted Apr 20, 2013 by Anne Sewell
A fire and explosion in an apartment building in Moscow has killed 3 people, including a child and has injured up to 7 others. The cause is thought to be two natural gas cylinders on the balcony of the apartment.
Two gas cylinders exploded on the balcony of an apartment in Moscow causing a fire.
Two gas cylinders exploded on the balcony of an apartment in Moscow causing a fire.
YouTube
Reportedly the blast was so strong that the balcony fell down on to several cars in the street.
The three dead are a man, a woman and a small girl. ITAR-TASS reports that Russia's Emergencies" Ministry stated , "17 people sought medical help, including four children. Seven were hospitalized with two children among them."
In total, firefighters rescued 22 people and evacuated 200 others from the building in Shirokaya Street who were temporarily accommodated in a nearby school. The fire affected an area of 200 square meters.
“Firefighters are clearing the debris that formed as a result of the explosion and fire,” an emergencies spokesman said. “The elevator shaft was destroyed.”
On the injured, one is a 14-year-old teenager who has sustained up to 60% burns on his body. Another injured person is reported to have 100% burns to the body.
Reports say that the fire was on the 6th floor of the 16-story apartment building and that it broke out late on Friday evening. On the social networks, witnesses reported about the explosion that they could even “feel the blast wave”.
According to police, the fire may have been caused by the explosion of two gas cylinders on the balcony of the worst affected apartment. The house apparently did not have a central gas supply system.
Three apartments were damaged by the fire, which blew out windows and the damaged vehicles below in the street. The fire has now been extinguished and workers are cleaning up the site of the incident.
The 200 persons evacuated during the incident have now been allowed to return home.