Review: Polaroid releases new photo and video application for iPhone Special
Appadana Development, based in Annapolis, was founded by Dana Shakiba in 2011. Appadana Development focuses on building mobile apps across a wide variety of platforms.
The American-based international consumer electronics company released a new mobile application for iPhone called Polamatic
. It is a photo and video app designed to add digital effects with frames reminiscing of the Polaroid Classic Border logo to anything you capture on your device.
Developed by Appadana Development, which is the authorized Polaroid licensee, with its 1.0 version users will be able to capture a new picture or use an existing one from the library to apply filters, write captions and share a unique retro picture.
According to the press release
it comes fully loaded with features and “The app also features 12 photo effects for customization with fun names like "chroma," "gelatin" and "pyrophoric." The photo effects allow users to apply a number of color and tone adjusting effects to their pictures. Whether users wish to apply sepia tones, or a rosy hue, this application has a plethora of effects to choose from. Users may also add text to their Polaroid picture, choosing from 12 different fonts.”
The Polamatic app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and Ipad that has the latest IOS 5.0 or later.With all of Apple’s three popular devices, users have the ability to control the grid, flash, the built-in rear and front cameras with a tap of a button.
employee asserted Polamatic will "Bring back all of the magic of Polaroid pictures on your iPhone," stated Appadana Development's Dana Shakiba. "Polamatic makes your pictures come alive with classic Polaroid style."
Features of Polamatic
• 12 Authentic Polaroid borders. The Polaroid borders are not computer generated, they are high quality scans of new, used, and vintage Polaroid frames.
• 12 Photo Effects to customize your photo any way you choose. The app gives you plenty of effects so will be sure to find the one you enjoy the most.
• 12 Add text to your Polaroid, after choosing from 12 different handmade fonts.
• Share your polaroid via your favorite social network like FaceBook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Instagram, or email. • You can also save your Polaroid directly to your iPhone photo library.
• The Polamatic Store allows you to purchase additional polaroid frames and effects.
• Select from: Vintage Polaroid Pack - 12 authentic Polaroid frames. High resolution scans of Polaroid frames from multiple eras.
• Chroma Polaroid Pack - 10 colored Polaroid frames. Photo Effects Upgrade - 12 additional photo effects. Additional photo customization options with this upgrade.
The mobile app Polamatic is definitely worth checking out and test drive if you like to experiment with pictures. The app does cost $.99 and from the reviews provided in the App Store so far 18 users have given it a rating of four to five start. Meanwhile 9 other users have given it a poor rating (at the time of writing).