Digital Journal announces 'Future of Media' event on April 6
Digital Journal today announced its Future of Media event will return to Toronto on April 6 at the Drake Hotel. The event is free and boasts an incredible lineup of speakers and prizes. Don't miss it!
, a global digital media news network, announced its next Future of Media
event featuring some of the most influential leaders in media.
The event will take place April 6 and will feature media leaders and experts from the BBC
, National Post
Future of Media events are panel discussions that explore how current trends, technologies, business practices and social media innovation affect both the media industry and its audience.
The upcoming event will take place Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at the Drake Hotel Underground
(1150 Queen Street West) at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public. For more information on admission and to reserve a free ticket, visit the Future of Media website
. Seating is limited.
Topic & Discussion
Future of Media events are a must-see event for anyone interested in the rapidly changing landscape of new media, the Web and journalism.
The speakers will discuss some of the biggest challenges the media industry faces today. Topics for this panel discussion include:
- What can newsrooms learn from tech start-ups? Should media outlets take a more entrepreneurial approach in their day-to-day operations?
- What can tech start-ups learn from traditional and mainstream media?
- How are social media, new technology and apps changing media organizations?
- What impact will social media have on the future of reporting stories such as recent uprisings in the Middle East and Africa?
- What is the role for mobile devices in the future of media? Will they become the platform of choice for news delivery and media consumption?
- Where will digital media revenue come from?
- What technologies, new ideas and business models will be successful and what is just a trend?
These are just a few of the topics to be discussed at the Future of Media event in April. The event will feature a live panel discussion followed by a Q&A session with the audience. Digital Journal will also be taking questions via Facebook
to pose to panelists.
Questions may be submitted at any time between now and April 6.
Speakers & Sponsors
DigitalJournal.com is happy to announce an incredible panel of industry leaders at the upcoming Future of Media event. The speakers are:
- Jamie Angus, Acting Head of News at BBC World News.
- Jon Taylor, Senior Director of Content for CTV Digital Media.
- Chris Boutet, Senior Producer for digital media at the National Post.
- Mathew Ingram, a senior writer at GigaOM. Ingram was previously a journalist with the Globe and Mail and he is co-founder of the mesh conference.
- Kathy Vey, Editor-in-Chief of OpenFile. Vey previously held a number of editorial positions at the Toronto Star.
The Future of Media will be hosted and moderated by Digital Journal.
The Platinum sponsor is Queensway Audi
, Toronto's leading Audi dealer. Visit them online at QueenswayAudi.com
Gold sponsors include CNW Group
, Canada’s leading newswire provider; Rogers Communications
, one of Canada’s leading providers of wireless, cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services; Suite 66
, Canada’s largest independent online advertising sales organization; Polar Mobile, a global leader in mobile content solutions; and Digital Journal
, a digital media news network and leader in social news.
Door prizes will be given away in a draw at the event. More info on prizes will be posted at futureofmediaevents.com
Future of Media events take place twice each year, around April and September. For more info, interview opportunities or to request a press pass to the event, contact David Silverberg or Chris Hogg by phone at (416) 410-9675 or online here