Staten Island Liposuction Specialist Dispels Top Five Surgery Myths
Staten Island liposuction specialists are setting the record straight by dispelling the top five cosmetic surgery myths.
STATEN ISLAND, NY, July 30, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Plastic surgeons Dr. Elliot Heller and Dr. Andrew Miller are frequently faced with various myths about cosmetic surgery.
Whether the myth is about liposuction for weight loss or breast-feeding after breast surgery, Dr. Heller, a Staten Island liposuction specialist, always points to the importance of having a consultation before undergoing a procedure.
Below is a list of common myths:
1. Surgery will boost self-esteem: While plastic surgery can correct deformities that have been the source of low self-esteem, it should not be used as a form of emotional therapy, said Heller. The decision to undergo plastic surgery is personal and the patient must have the right mindset before walking into a procedure.
2. Women cannot breast-feed after an augmentation: Regardless of how the implant was placed - over or under the muscle - women should not have any issues breast-feeding.
3. Plastic surgery is only for women: It is becoming more common for men to undergo such procedures as Botox injections, rhinoplasty surgery to reshape their nose and even breast surgery to reduce overdeveloped breasts.
4. All physicians are the same: If the physician offering to perform plastic surgery is not accredited by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Otolaryngology, they are not qualified to perform cosmetic or reconstructive surgery.
5. Liposuction for weight loss: Liposuction is a body contouring procedure that is performed on patients who are close to their ideal body weight, but struggle with localized areas of fat.
"Meeting with a qualified physician is the best way to find the answers to any questions you may have," said Miller, Staten Island breast augmentation specialist. "During the consultation, the physician will be able to tell you which procedure is right for you as well as whether or not the surgery will produce the results you are looking for."
To find out more information about tummy tuck Staten Island at Associates in Plastic Surgery, visit their website at www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com or call toll-free at 1-800-924-6397.
Dr. Heller is a Staten Island plastic and cosmetic surgery who who provides breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, facelift, and so on. For more information, please call us at (718) 477-2020.
Associates in Plastic Surgery offers the latest advances in plastic surgery with five convenient locations in New Jersey and New York. Their staff of highly experienced professionals is dedicated to their patients well-being with state-of-the-art facilities and free consultations.
2012 Master Google and Associates in Plastic Surgery. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Associates in Plastic Surgery and Master Google are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this press release is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com