Know the Facts When Filing a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Texas
Were you injured in a slip and fall or other premises liability accident? Learn the facts about filing a premises liability lawsuit.
July 05, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- A year ago, a Texas man who was working at an oil refinery fell down the steps of a scissor lift he was operating, causing him to injure his thumb and hand. The worker has filed a premises liability lawsuit claiming there was not enough anti-slip material on the steps of the lift, which caused him to slip and injure himself. The lawsuit states that the creators of the scissor knew the lift was in inadequate condition and should have warned the operators.
When someone is injured in an accident on someone else's property, the property owner may be liable for the injury and associated expenses. Depending on the state in which the accident occurred, a court will examine a number of different factors, including:
- Whether the visitor was invited to the property or came for his or her own purpose with the owner's consent
- Whether there were any dangerous conditions on the property and whether the owner took efforts to address them or warn the visitor about them
- Whether the visitor was a trespasser or a juvenile
- Whether the visitor was acting with disregard for his or her own safety
- Whether the property owner was a landlord, in which case some special rules and restrictions apply
Slip and fall accidents, like the one in this Texas oil worker's case, are among the most likely to lead to premises liability claims. Victims of slip and fall accidents due to a property owner's negligence need to be aware that there are laws in place to protect their safety.
An injury victim (or the family of a deceased victim) may find it helpful to consult with an attorney regarding the property owner's liability in a slip and fall or other premises liability accident.
Article provided by Scott H. Palmer, PC
Visit us at www.scottpalmerpilawyer.com
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com