A nose job can address a variety of functional and aesthetic issues with your nose, improving the balance of your facial features and enhancing your overall appearance. The procedure can be used to:
MIAMI, FL, June 01, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- A nose job can address a variety of functional and aesthetic issues with your nose, improving the balance of your facial features and enhancing your overall appearance. The procedure can be used to:
- Increase or decrease the size of your nose
- Alter the shape of the bridge, nostrils, or tip
- Alter the angle between the nose and upper lip
- Correct structural problems such as a deviated septum to make breathing easier
Rhinoplasty procedures are customized to address the unique issues and aesthetic goals of each individual patient.
Who Can Benefit from a Rhinoplasty?
Individuals with one or more of the following aesthetic concerns can usually benefit from rhinoplasty:
- A nose that is too large or too small
- A bump or indentation along the edge of the nose
- A droopy nasal tip
- Nasal asymmetry
- A wide bridge or significant hump
- A bulbous nasal tip
- Flared nostrils
A wide bridge or hump on the nose is one of the most common issues addressed by a nose job. Your rhinoplasty procedure can reduce the size of a hump or remove excess cartilage to create a narrower bridge and more attractive nasal contour.
Flared nostrils are also commonly corrected by rhinoplasty. Your plastic surgeon can adjust the way the skin lies at the bottom of the nose to reduce the width of your nostrils and position them closer together. This will provide a more slender appearance for your nose.
A bulbous tip that projects too far forward can also easily be addressed with a nose job. Your plastic surgeon can trim and reshape the cartilage in the tip of your nose to improve its appearance.
The best way to find out if a nose job can address your specific aesthetic concerns is to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area.
Ideal Rhinoplasty Candidates
Ideal nose job candidates would like to address one or more of the aesthetic concerns listed above and also meet the following criteria:
- Has a nose that has reached its full adult size (typically occurs around age 15 or 16)
- Is in good overall health
- Does not smoke or is willing to stop smoking for several weeks prior to the procedure and throughout the rhinoplasty recovery period
- Does not suffer from body dysmorphic disorder
- Is not taking any medications that may impede the healing process
- Has realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure
One of the most important criteria is to have realistic expectations. Your nose job will most likely not give you the perfect nose or help you look like a super model. But your rhinoplasty procedure can dramatically improve the appearance of your nose and help restore greater balance to your facial features. The overall impact of this is often an enhanced facial appearance.
To find out more about whether rhinoplasty is right for you, please visit the website of The Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, serving patients in Miami, Florida, at www.westonsurgery.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com