Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter
Press Release

E-Cig Explosion Injures Oklahoma City Teen, As E-Cigarette Explosion Lawsuit Filings Continue reports on an incident that recently happened in Oklahoma City when an e-cig exploded in a man's pocket while he was at work. Attorney Marc Freund of has commented that he is thankful the victim was at his place of employment and wearing gloves, as the damages sustained could have been far worse.

As per a news story from, a 19-year-old man sustained 2nd and 3rd-degree burns to his hands and legs after he attempted to throw the burning battery away from him. Unfortunately, the battery stuck to his work glove. The victim stated that the pain he had felt was unlike any other he had ever experienced and he never expected that such an event to ever happen to him.

It should be noted that unlike many other stores, the outlet where the e-cig was purchased did, to its credit, inform the user of the dangers associated with using e-cigarettes. The owner of the Oklahoma City Vapor Lounge stated that many first-time users are not aware of the risks at all and what could happen while using e-cigs.

This particular incident in Oklahoma is the 8th such explosion to occur in the state since 2009. The state is among the top 3 for the highest number of reported explosions, as per a detailed timeline created by Oklahoma's total of 8 explosions, is only preceded by Arizona's 11 and California's 19. It should also be noted that the frequency of e-cig-related explosions has increased during the last 3.5 years, with 28, 38 and 47 explosions cited in 2013, 2014 and 2015, respectively. In 2016, there have already been 77 cases reported.

To request additional information on electronic cigarette explosions, or to ask questions, please contact Attorney Marc Freund of Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman by calling 877-711-9545.



Marc Freund
40 Fulton St, New York, NY 10038