Discovery Cove awarded 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Park guests share highlights of the one-of-a-kind Orlando day resort experience
ORLANDO, Fla., June 11, 2014
ORLANDO, Fla., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Discovery Cove® in Orlando was recently awarded the TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence. This accolade recognizes superior service and is only given to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor. Discovery Cove receives top ratings based on a variety of factors, including awe-inspiring, up-close animal encounters, all-inclusive offerings, a lush, tropical atmosphere and exceptional guest service.
"Winning the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence confirms what we know to be true: Discovery Cove delivers an extraordinary, immersive experience." said Stewart Clark, Vice President of Discovery Cove. "Our guests are inspired to talk about their day, and TripAdvisor gives them the perfect format to share their experiences. The information that we gain from these guest reviews allows us to continuously improve and deliver the best possible guest service."
Just in time for summer vacation planning, Discovery Cove identified the top five reasons TripAdvisor reviewers believe the day resort is a must-visit attraction.
1. Discovery Cove feels like "a vacation within a vacation." Located in the heart of the world's most popular travel destination, Orlando, Florida, guests are often astounded upon arrival; they feel like they've encountered a tropical oasis. The lush landscape, wondrous waterways, rocky lagoons and pristine white sandy beaches provide a serene and relaxing environment. With the exception of the dolphin swim and SeaVenture®, an underwater journey of the Grand Reef®, nothing is scheduled – allowing guests to enjoy the park at their own pace.
2. Discovery Cove boasts a wonderful variety of up-close animal encounters. At Discovery Cove, visitors from around the world fulfill lifelong dreams of swimming with dolphins. TripAdvisor reviewers rave about the experience and say it's a true highlight. While the dolphin swim is a favorite, guests are also wowed when snorkeling alongside giant rays and thousands of tropical fish. SeaVenture, the 30-minute underwater journey, gives guests a fully immersive adventure into the Grand Reef® sea floor and is regularly mentioned on TripAdvisor as a highlight of their visit. Guests also enjoy hand feeding exotic birds in the free-flight Explorer's Aviary®, and are surprised to come face-to-face with playful otters and marmoset monkeys in Freshwater Oasis®.
3. Discovery Cove is an all-inclusive day resort. From meals to snacks, snorkels to sunscreen, everything is included.Unlike a traditional theme park, Discovery Cove includes an abundance of amenities – making for a hassle-free visit. TripAdvisor reviewers often comment on the ease of unlimited access to freshly prepared food and refreshing beverages.
4. A Discovery Cove reservation offers a full vacation package with admission to SeaWorld® Orlando and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™. When guests book a reservation, they're also guaranteed unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark in Orlando for 14 days surrounding their Discovery Cove reservation. For the ultimate vacation experience guests can add on Busch Gardens® Tampa for a nominal fee.
5. Discovery Cove cares deeply about their guests' experience, which reflects in the first-class level of customer service. Guests consistently mention their connection with the park's friendly staff. The Discovery Cove team caters to a diverse set of needs and strives to add a personal touch. From ensuring a marriage proposal is delivered perfectly to offering amazing animal experiences, the first-class team goes above and beyond to make lifelong memories.
To read the reviews of the Discovery Cove experience visit TripAdvisor.com. To learn more about Discovery Cove, or to book a reservation, visit DiscoveryCove.com.
Discovery Cove is part of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, which operates 11 parks across the U.S. including SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. and Williamsburg, Va.; Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Sesame Place near Philadelphia, Pa.; and water parks Adventure Island in Tampa and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.The 11 parks play host to 25 million guests each year and employ 26,000 people nationwide. To learn more, visit SeaWorldParksandEntertainment.com or call toll-free 1-888-800-5447. Additionally, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment created the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, a non-profit, private charitable foundation committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Learn more at SWBG-ConservationFund.org.