Favorite Baseball Venues Identified by World's Largest Travel Site
NEWTON, Mass., March 27, 2014
NEWTON, Mass., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, today announced the top ballparks in the U.S., according to the TripAdvisor Popularity Index™, to celebrate big league baseball's Opening Day on March 31. From classics like Fenway and Wrigley to the big league's modern favorites such as PNC Park and Camden Yards, TripAdvisor travelers love taking in America's pastime at these fantastic venues.
1. PNC Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania(5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 1,401 reviews) Located on Pittsburgh's North Shore, this ballpark offers stunning views of the Steel City skyline, the Allegheny River, and the Roberto Clemente Bridge. Fans can chow down on local fare including potato pirogues and Primanti Brothers sandwiches stuffed with French fries and coleslaw. One TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Beautiful city views during the game. Plenty of food options and short lines for the bathrooms - not a bad seat in the stadium!"
2. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 1,212 reviews) Opened in 1992, Camden Yards ushered in a new era of baseball stadiums with its retro design boasting a brick exterior and asymmetrical playing field. Visiting fans can also make a stop at Babe Ruth's birthplace, which is located just two blocks from the park. One TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "The downtown location is convenient, and the old-time appearance and ambiance is second to none."
3. AT&T Park, San Francisco, California(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 1,618 reviews) Travelers can enjoy more than extra innings and fantastic game day grub at this ballpark by the bay. Open year-round, the Fan Lot allows guests to experience what it's like to run the bases and also boasts a 26-foot tall baseball mitt sculpture. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Simply nothing compares to this ballpark. Stunning views out to the bay and the islands. Views of the stadium are great from just about every seat."
4. Fenway Park,Boston, Massachusetts(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 3,395 reviews) Home to Boston's beloved team since 1912, visitors to America's oldest ballpark can take in the action and intimate setting while enjoying famed Fenway franks. Tours of the stadium give fans an up-close look at its many unique features including the legendary Green Monster left field wall and the lone red seat where Ted Williams hit the park's longest home run. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Every baseball fan has to go to at least one game here in their life."
5. Busch Stadium, Saint Louis, Missouri(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 967 reviews) Often referred to as "New Busch Stadium," this retro-style ballpark opened in 2006 and features panoramic views of the city skyline including the iconic Gateway Arch. New for the 2014 season, visitors can check out Ballpark Village, a 100,000 square-foot entertainment complex featuring the Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum and sports bar. A TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "It is a gem of a stadium and views from every seat are spectacular."
6. Target Field, Minneapolis, Minnesota (4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 862 reviews) Located in Minneapolis' Warehouse District, this ballpark can accommodate nearly 40,000 fans and has been home to the Minnesota Twins since 2010. In center field, travelers will recognize the "Shaking Hands" sign featuring Minnie and Paul which illuminates when the "Twinkies" hit a homer. "There has never been a better place in Minnesota to watch a ballgame," noted a TripAdvisor reviewer.
7. Kauffman Stadium,Kansas City, Missouri(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 394 reviews) Celebrating its 42nd season this year, Kauffman Stadium features state-of-the-art technology and its left-field area is home to The Hall of Fame which boasts exciting and interactive exhibits, perfect for those with children. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "There's something for everyone here, from activities for the kids to a sports bar in the outfield for the adults."
8. Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 2,158 reviews) Built in 1914, this Windy City ballpark is best known for its ivy-covered outfield wall, hand-turned scoreboard and baseball's most renowned rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" sung by the crowd in the 7th inning stretch. "The Friendly Confines" celebrates its 100th season in 2014. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "When you visit Wrigley Field you will remember what baseball is all about; the smells, the crowd, and the beauty that is baseball."
9. Comerica Park,Detroit, Michigan(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 669 reviews) Located in downtown Detroit, baseball fans will marvel at all this stadium has to offer. Children will enjoy the "Liquid Fireworks" display in center field which synchronizes music to its spraying fountains, and those craving game day fare can choose from a variety of goodies at the Brushfire Grill or the Big Cat food court. "Everything you need for the old ballgame," commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
10. Safeco Field,Seattle, Washington(4.5 out of 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, 1,017 reviews) Safeco Field, opened in 1999, offers magnificent views of the Seattle skyline and vivid sunsets over Puget Sound, a wide variety of culinary delights from sushi to garlic fries, and even features unique art displays throughout the park. One TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "The stadium is modern and clean and the food is restaurant worthy."
"Nothing says Americana like a day out at the old ball game, and the TripAdvisor community has identified these popular stadiums as the finest," said Brooke Ferencsik, director of communications at TripAdvisor. "From the architecture of the buildings, to the stunning views of the surroundings, to the local culinary delights, these parks provide travelers with classic game day fun."
About TripAdvisor TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching more than 260 million unique monthly visitors** in 2013, and more than 150 million reviews and opinions covering more than 3.7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 37 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.