Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageOfficial toll from Italy quake rises to 297

By AFP     Sep 16, 2016 in World

The death toll from the devastating earthquake which hit villages in central Italy last month has risen to 297, with the two victims succumbing to their injuries, the country's civil protection department said Friday.

"Two people injured on the night of drama in (the affected towns of) Amatrice and Arquata have died," the department said in a statement.

The magnitude 6.0-6.2 quake struck early on August 24.

It was felt in Rome, 150 kilometres (93 miles) from the epicentre near Amatrice.

More about Italy, Quake, Toll
More news from
Latest News
Top News