Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

Sadistic dentist accused operating 'house of horrors'

By Nate Smith     May 24, 2015 in Odd News
A Florida dentist accused of torturing his young patients has agreed to cease practicing dentistry amidst a series of lawsuits from former clients.
Dr. Howard Schneider has surrendered his license to practice dentistry in the state of Florida, according to the state's department of health.
Several parents of the former dentist's young patients have filed a civil lawsuit against the Jacksonville native, claiming he unnecessarily extracted multiple teeth from more than one child, and did so without any anesthesia.
Additionally, picket lines and protests have begun sprouting up from outside the dentist's office.
He is also accused of wearing "scary costumes" to scare clients, and he threatened the kids and told them their mother would die if they ever told anyone what happened, according to the lawsuit.
He is accused of leaving lacerations and bruises about patients' necks and shoulders, and even left a scalpel mark from ear-to-ear on the inside of one child's gum.
More than 60 plaintiffs have joined the lawsuit against Schneider.
A fraud unit within the Florida attorney general's office is reportedly also looking into some $4 million Medicaid reimbursements between 2010-2014.
He's also reportedly been sued previously, and resolved both prior lawsuits.
The lawsuit says Schneider was the only pediatric dentist that accepted Medicaid, which enabled him to prey on poorer clients.
More about Dentist, Torture, Kids, Abuse, Child abuse
More news from