Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageMan gets bit by deadly snake, grabs a beer from the fridge

By Lizz Riggs     Mar 10, 2014 in Health
Rod Sommerville, a 54 year old man from Australia, thought he was going to “cark it” last month when he was bit by an eastern brown snake, and his instinct was to grab a cold beer from the fridge to ease his nerves while waiting for the ambulance.
The Yeppoon man was out tending to a few potted plants in his yard, when he was bit by the deadly snake on his finder. He hit the snake on the head with a shovel and called for an ambulance.
While he was waiting, he grabbed a XXXX Gold from the fridge and sat down to relax, because “if you panic if you make it worse”, the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin reports.
"I said to myself, if I'm going to cark it I'm going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that; 'cause you know eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world," Rod said
Rod's teenage son was on the couch and slept through the whole thing because Rod didn't want to wake him and make anyone panic.
The ambulance arrived shortly and he was taken to the hospital for treatment but his bad day took a turn for the worse when he suffered an allergic reaction to the anti-venom.
“The reaction nearly killed me as well, so it was a double whammy,” he said.
He spent four days in intensive care, and three weeks later Rod still isn't out of the hospital.
More about Snakes, Deadly, Austrailia, deadly snakes
More news from
Latest News
Top News