DigitalJournal.com is proud to admit anticipation has been at an unprecedented level for the upcoming Future of Media event happening Wednesday Sept. 8 at the Drake Hotel Underground in Toronto.
Doors are at 730 p.m. and we recommend arriving on time, if not earlier. It's free to the public.
DigitalJournal.com has been fielding many media requests and our Facebook event invite, for instance, has attracted more than 200 people who RSVP'd to attend.
The panel discussion will explore how media organizations are adapting to the Web, how social media has influenced journalism, and what the future holds for media professionals.
A Q&A session will take place at the end of the event, and if you can't attend but still want to have us ask the panelists a question, please send a tweet to @djfom.
To recap, a star-studded, A-list group of media executives will make up the panel on Sept. 8. The speakers are:
• Elmer Sotto, Head of Growth for Facebook Canada Facebook Canada
• Anjali Kapoor, Managing Editor of the Globe and Mail Digital
• David Skok, Senior Producer of Online Content for Global News
• Kunal Gupta, CEO of Polar Mobile
• Mark Evans, a digital marketing and social media strategist and co-founder of the mesh conference
A Future of Media tradition, we'll be giving away lots of fantastic tech prizes to attendees. For a full list of prizes, click here.
Attendees of DigitalJournal.com's "Future of Media" panel event listen to speakers discuss the pros and cons of today's media outlets and what needs to be done to bring journalism into the future.