1. Money isn't made out of paper,
it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was
written on hemp (marijuana) paper.
3. The dot over the letter i is called a 'tittle'.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh
champagne will bounce up and down continuously from
the bottom of the glass to the top. (that makes my day!)
5. Susan Lucci is NOT the daughter of Phyllis Diller,
despite the rumors.
6. 40% of Mc Donald 's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot' on 7-UP comes from its inventor,
who had red eyes. He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to
the wrong parents, daily. (Just as I suspected))
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine
are brother and sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system;
a few ounces will kill a small-sized dog.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing
up into the shark's stomach from underneath,
causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from
Finland because he doesn't wear pants. (The Little Perv.)
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine.
16. Upper and lower-case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in
individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in
the case on top of the case that stored the smaller,
'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw
with the other at the same time, hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out
during World War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan;
there was never a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme
with: orange, purple, or silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it
instantly go mad and sting itself to death..
24. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original
'Halloween' was a Captain Kirk's mask painted white.
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes,
and four pennies, you have $1.19.
You also have the largest amount of money in coins without
being able to make change for a dollar. (good to know.)
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back,
you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought this list
was completely useless.)
27. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from an
old English law, which stated that you couldn't
beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
28. The first product Motorola started to develop was
a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most
known player on the market was the Victrola,
so they called themselves Motorola.
29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to
eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
It's the same with apples.
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions
will keep you from crying!
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
32. "Guinness Book of Records" holds the record for being
the book most often stolen from public Libraries.
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before
they go into space because passing wind in a space
suit damages it. ( I need to remember this)
34. George Carlin said it best about Martha Stewart.
"Boy, I feel a lot safer now that she's behind bars.
O.J. Simpson and Kobe Bryant are still walking around;
Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the ONE woman in America
willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they
haul her off to jail."
Come on folks...There is NO justice!