Here is a yummy recipe for banana cake. It was recommended to me by the chef at my work's canteen. It's pretty good. It's just right for using up those very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl!
The ingredients are (in metric):
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g self raising flour
The preparation method is:
Predation time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 35 minutes
1. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
3. Add the egg, mix well.
4. Stir in the flour and the milk.
5. Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
6. Bake at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3) for 35 mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
That's it. Leave to cool and enjoy!