Here is a tasty soup recipie...one to warm you up as the nights draw shorter and the cold weather creeps in.
It is a type of vegetable stock that is served over couscous. It's also good on its own. Hard-boiled eggs can be added if desired.
The ingredients are:
1 green pepper
1 medium tomato
1 large carrot
1 large potato
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce or Tabasco
1.25L (2 pints) water, or as needed
1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 vegetable stock cube
freshly cooked hot couscous
The preparation steps are:
Preparation time: 10 minutes, and the cooking time is 35 minutes.
1. Chop all the vegetables into medium-sized pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pot or pan and sauté the vegetables together with the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add water, chickpeas, coriander, turmeric and stock cube. Bring soup to the boil.
4. Wash the eggs thoroughly, and add to the pot. Turn down the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove eggs, now hard-boiled; peel, slice, and add to the soup. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over steamed couscous.
That's it! Enjoy.