This article went viral and it's not mine. The original author encourage its reproduction and so here it is...
I understand that there are a number of Republicans (including Yours Truly) who are currently campaigning to become delegates to the Republican National Convention who have formerly expressed support for the presidential candidate, Ron Paul.
Like me, they may be running into some questions about their loyalty to the “presumptive candidate”, Mitt Romney.
For that reason, and others that I will soon explain, I thought it was high time for me to officially switch my support from Ron Paul and go on record endorsing Mitt Romney for President of the United States.
While I hope that my endorsement will help, in some small way, to promote party unity, I am also aware that there will probably be some cynics who doubt my sincerity. After all, it is public record that I have donated the maximum amount to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. And my neighbors might have noticed the four foot “Ron Paul 2012” banner in my yard or the the eight by four foot sign that I bolted to an unused utility pole (lit by two floodlights and surrounded by twinkling multi-colored Christmas lights).
So to reassure any sceptics, here is a partial list of the reasons I am endorsing Romney for president:
1. Consistency - Mitt Romney has been unwavering in his public devotion to the principles and issues that would help to advance the political career of Mitt Romney.
2. Flexibility - Unlike Ron Paul who has been ridiculously rigid in his defense of the U.S. constitution, personal liberty, a balanced budget and the sanctity of life (so much so that he earned the nickname “Dr. No” in congress); Romney has shown that he is capable of rolling with the punches, going with the tide, changing with the times, and bending with the breeze.
3. Supporters - The top six donors to Romney’s campaign are banks (including Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, etc.). Who knows what is best for the average American? Why, multi-billionaire bankers, of course. Obviously Romney’s supporters have the kind of deep pockets that can not only pay for his campaign, but also buy the kind of congress that will make SURE that America will have another TARP bailout if we need it.
On the other hand, 97% of Ron Paul’s donations come from individuals. His top three donor groups are the active military in the US Army, US Navy and US Air Force. Many of his donors live paycheck to paycheck, are small business owners, or are even unemployed. No wonder a lot of them are running out of money. Ron Paul has only himself to blame. After twelve terms in congress, lobbyists from the big corporations don’t even bother to come to his office. They know it would be a waste of time.
4. Public image - With unrelenting national and international press coverage labeling him as the “frontrunner” (and now the “presumptive candidate”) Mitt Romney has tremendous credibility. He has pearly teeth, perfect hair, tailored suits and looks, well... “presidential”. Ron Paul wears suits that could have come off the rack at J.C. Penney, has kind of a squeaky voice, talks for an hour without notes (let alone a teleprompter), and looks like your favorite uncle. You would never catch Mitt talking about things like “monetary policy”. Borrrrrrring!
5. Freedom - Romney knows that the greatest threat to our freedom are the “Islamo-fascists”. Not the Chinese, that manufacture everything that we consume and that we depend on to finance our national debt. Not the politicians, that treat the constitution like a blank piece of paper and the U.S. Treasury like their personal piggy bank. Not federal agents, that can track us by GPS, tap our phones without a warrant, watch the books we read and websites we visit, and monitor the politicians we support. And certainly not the President of the United States who now has the legal authority to order the execution of any American citizen that he suspects might be a “terrorist”. Or the American-born underage son of a “terrorist”. Or the underage friend who happens to be standing next to the American-born underage son of a “terrorist”.
After all, Obama has promised not to execute any U.S. citizen within the borders of the United States without a trial and I am fairly confident that Romney wouldn't either. At least not without a really good reason.
Ron Paul thinks the National Defense Authorization Act is unconstitutional. That’s just crazy. The Bill of Rights prohibits “unreasonable search and seizure”, it doesn’t say anything at all about “vaporization by a drone missile”.
6. Foreign Aid - Romney understands why we should continue to mortgage our children’s future to give foreign aid to ANY government of ANY country that isn’t actually at war with us; including countries that are run by a dictator or whose citizens have a higher per capita income than the United States. Romney knows that the only TRUE friends are the ones that you buy and the best way to foster economic independence is to GIVE a country hundreds of billions of dollars.That is why Afghanistan, where 97% of the gross national product comes from the United States treasury, is so loyal and has such a vibrant economy.
7. Foreign Policy - Here again is where Romney really shines. He knows that American exceptionalism means that we should police the world. He knows that in this age of global economy, there are no nations in which the United States does not have a “vital national interest”. And even if there were, we could always justify bombing them to “prevent a bloodbath” or “promote democracy” or “enforce a U.N. resolution”. That means that Americans can rest easy knowing that we are spending ourselves into bankruptcy paying for the defense of impoverished countries like Germany, Japan, and South Korea so that they don’t have to tax their corporations which can then manufacture inexpensive cars and flat screen TV’s that put Americans out of work.
8. National debt - Romney is against it. How do we know? Because he said so a whole lot of times in a very convincing tone of voice. And just as soon as he is elected president he will show us how we can eliminate the budget deficit without raising any taxes, eliminating any cabinet departments, reducing military spending, or cutting Social Security, Medicare, or any other popular program. How will he do this? Well he hasn’t explained his whole program but it has something to do with getting rid of all of those federal regulations that are smothering small businesses like Goldman Sachs.
9. Immigration - Romney is the only candidate who has had the guts NOT to come out with a firm stand on this thorny issue.
10. Charisma - Romney has tons of it. Almost as much as Obama. Why is this important? Because in 2016, when the national debt has soared to record heights and unemployment is still in double digits it will take a lot of “charisma” to convince the voters to put him (or any other Republican) back in office.
11. Economy - Romney is a businessman. That means he is an expert on “economics”. He is also in favor of “free enterprise”. That’s why he likes the Federal Reserve. They print all of our money. Then they GIVE it to Goldman Sachs, which LOANS it back to the U.S.Treasury and charges the taxpayer interest. How is this “free enterprise”? Because Goldman Sachs gets to take our money, for FREE!
But that isn’t the reason Goldman Sachs is the biggest contributor to the Romney campaign. Its because they know he is the “best man for the job”. And he knows a lot about the economy.
Romney had enough sense to know that the only way out of the 2008 crash was to give $700 billion dollars to the same guys that had caused the problem. Like Obama, he knew they were “too big to fail”, especially after Goldman Sachs and J.P.Morgan had bought them at fire sale prices. That is because Romney understands “free enterprise”.
12. Electability - Romney is electable. Everybody knows this because we heard it on Fox News. He knows that he doesn't need the support of the thousands of young people who have been attending rallies for Ron Paul or attending conventions or campaigning door to door or becoming delegates or GOP party officials for the first time. Why? Because he isn’t Obama. And he understands “free enterprise”.
Anyway, those are a few of the reasons why I am endorsing Mitt. But I saved the best for last. The main reason I am endorsing Mitt Romney is for my children.
You see, they need to understand the way the world REALLY works. My son and daughter need to see that their dad knows the score and why their hero should be someone like Mitt Romney. They need to learn from his and my example.
They need to know that it is never too late to learn from your mistakes, especially when it is politically convenient.
I want them to decide what is right, make a stand and never waiver,... until it becomes unpopular.
They need to learn that when the going gets tough, they should take a poll.
They need to know that if all of their friends want to do the wrong thing, it’s time to join the crowd.
Because after all, NOTHING is more important than getting along.
And that’s why I am endorsing Mitt Romney for president.
Source: Daily Paul