Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

Saban Has to Make A Decision by Wednesday at 10:00 am

By secqb     Jan 2, 2007 in Sports
Dolphins Owner Wayne Huizenga grants coach Nick Saban time to decide whether to remain as the Dolphins coach or accept a deal for 40 million dollars to be the head coach at the University of Alabama.
Huizenga gave Saban until tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. to make his decision. It seems Saban is struggling over the decision to remain as Dolphins' head coach or accept the 40 million dollars being offered by the University of Alabama.
Im sure there alot of us who would love to have a decision like this to make and many of us wonder why it seems to be such a difficult decision for Saban. Especially since Huizenga has said he is not willing to renegotiate Saban's contract to counter the Alabama offer.
The lure to stay at Miami probably stems from unfinished business. Saban has the Dolphins on the rise and to leave now would be to leave the situation incomplete. Also, being an NFL coach is at the pinnacle of the profession and to leave now would probably turn other NFL owners off to giving him a job in the future. Another factor is no recruiting involved.
On the other hand 40 million dollars is hard to pass up and although not the NFL, Alabama is one of the elite universities in division I college football. Another benefit would be stability, with the proposed contract being for a term of 10 years. After that Saban would never have to coach again. All in all I suspect, by the end of Saban and Huizenga's meeting tomorrow, Alabama will have a new coach and the Dolphins will be looking for one.
More about Nick saban, NFL, Miami dolphins
 
Sports Video
Latest News
Top News