2013 is the seventh year the list has been published and is based on the first 11 months of purchasing data from wine.com
Vina Eguia 2007 Reserva
, a Spanish wine, leads the list as the most popular wine according to the consumer data. This is the first time a Spanish wine has topped the list; the number one consumer purchased wine shares the top 10 however with two other wines from Spain: Juame Serra Cristalino Brut Cava at #4 and Borsao 2011 Tinto at #9.
The #1 wine, Vina Eguia, comes from the La Rioja region
of Spain and its popularity indicates a consumer trend towards purchasing great value red wines. Quintessential Wines
is the exclusive importer of Vina Eguia.
California wines still rank high among wine lovers taking spots #2 and #3 as well as #6 and #10 among the top 10.
The 10 most popular sellers on the Wine.com 100 this year:
1. Vina Eguia 2007 Reserva (Spain)
2. Meiomi 2011 Pinot Noir (California)
3. Seghesio 2010 Sonoma Zinfandel (California)
4. Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Cava (Spain)
5. Tilia 20011 Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina)
6. Meiomi 2012 Pinot Noir (California)
7. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label (France)
8. Tilia 2011 Malbec (Argentina)
9. Borsao 2011 Tinto (Spain)
10. Conundrum 2011 White Blend (California)
The complete list of Wine.com’s 2013 top 100 is available at wine.com/100