Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.
Connect
Log In Sign Up
In the Media

article imageWest Hollywood Halloween festival turned grusome

article:361566:13::0
By Larry Clifton
Nov 5, 2013 in Odd News
Share
West Hollywood - Thursday, festival-goers in West Hollywood, California danced to electronic music and cheered as a man burned to death in the street during West Hollywood's annual Halloween carnival.
Gilbert Estrada, 51, who police say may have accidently ignited his Halloween costume while lighting a cigarette bursts into view as a festival attendee films his fiery demise on a cell phone before uploading it to You Tube.
While Estrada burned, bystanders are heard cheering and seen dancing about in the video while people gathered around his body which was engulfed by flames.
Estrada lay unconscious in the street after the fire was extinguished and died in a hospital the following day.
Witness Derek Easley said Estrada “came out of nowhere, fully engulfed in flames like a torch.”
After a few good Samaritans threw him to the ground Easley removed his own jacket, wrapped it around his hands and helped smother the fire.
Others pulled water bottles from their backpacks and poured them on the man’s pants which were still afire, according to Easley. Estrada’s body was visibly scorched and bloody as he lay dying while people partied around him and continued to celebrate Halloween.
“So many people were drunk and partying,” Easly said. “People were chanting, clapping, filming and taking pictures like it was some kind of cool, funny thing and not realizing it was a guy who was suffering in a really bad condition.”
As onlookers crowded around to gawk and record the incident on their cellphones, Easley said he and a few others created a perimeter around the man until police and paramedics arrived.
“Estrada was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead Friday morning,” said Lt. Cheryl MacWillie of the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
One bystander said Estrada accidentally ignited the hood of his Halloween costume with a cigarette lighter and when he pulled the hood off his head, the entire burlap and straw costume went up in flames.
article:361566:13::0
More about west hollywood halloween, estrada halloween, festival youtube, gilbert estrada
More news from
Latest News
Top News
Engage

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers