Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageSpanish engineer claims he has solved the Princess Diana mystery

By Anne Sewell     Aug 9, 2013 in World
Francisco Javier Carretero López, an engineer from Málaga in Spain, wishes to claim a $20 million reward for information proving that the death of Princess Diana was not an accident.
Carretero appeared in a Málaga court on Thursday to demand the reward offered by billionaire businessmen Mohamed Al-Fayed, father of Dodi Al-Fayed.
The reward was originally offered by Al-Fayed back in 1998, in exchange for proof that the death of his son Dodi Al-Fayed and Princess Diana was not an accident.
While Carretero is hoping to get the reward, he says he is actually more interested in uncovering the truth than in the money on offer.
Carretero's version of the events of August 31, 1997, the night Diana, Princess of Wales died, differs from the official accounts.
While Carretero did not give all the details to the press, he said that the explanation lies in the difference between two official versions of the incident.
Carretero claims that on November 3rd 1998 "they said that the vehicle entered the tunnel at 155kph (96 miles per hour) and braked over 49 metres (160 feet)."
However, in a statement made on November 18th "they said it was going at 90kph" and didn't brake".
Spanish newspaper ABC (Spanish language) reported on Friday that the engineer says that the real story of the night Princess Diana died has been covered up by a complex smoke screen orchestrated by a gang of criminals.
Carretero's report on the incident comes in the form of a 2,000 page study, for which he wants some action from Mohamed Al-Fayed.
He told the media:
"If he doesn't want to help me to solve the death of his son, he should pay the amount at current rates, and if he does me to help him, we can leave the money issue aside until later".
"The world needs to know what really happened."
According to Carretero, Al-Fayed already has an illegal copy of his study in his possession, for which he is also making a copyright claim. On top of that, he has been receiving anonymous threats about the case.
Carretero said that he has been warned: "If there are any mistakes in your report, we are going to sue you for false claims."
Carretero further stated that he had been told that Dodi Al-Fayed was killed for being the son of Mohamed Al-Fayed, and that the killing had nothing to do with him being the boyfriend of Princess Diana.
According to a 2008 inquest in the UK, the deaths were found to be the result of negligent driving by chauffeur Henri Paul. However, Al-Fayed refused to accept this verdict and offered the $20 million reward to try and find out the true cause of his son's death.
This is not the first investigation carried out by Carretero, who previously looked into the death of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. However, that investigation was for his own pleasure and not for reward.
More about Spain, Malaga, Engineer, Princess diana, princess of wales
More news from