Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageGeorge Michael hospitalized with head injuries after car accident

By Eric Morales     May 23, 2013 in Entertainment
The legendary pop singer, famous for "Careless Whisper" and "Faith" was found bleeding in an East England roadway after being injured in a car accident.
The 49-year-old George Michael is said to be lucky to be alive, according to a motorist in East Hertfordshire who nearly ran the singer over last week and then helped save his life. Katherine Fox, 23-years-old was driving behind George Michael in a Mini Cooper when she observed the Grammy Award winning artist fall out of a Range Rover that was said to be driving 70 miles per hour.
All the while Katherine Fox, a nanny by profession didn't know the injured motorist was none other than the man behind international hits such as Careless Whisper and Faith.
"I honestly don't know how he survived. He had a bad cut on his face and the blood was running down over his mouth and teeth. He was in shock, breathing and conscious, but looked terrible. There was so much blood on his face that I didn't recognize him." Katherine Fox told reporters.
Michael was apparently bleeding profusely from his head, wearing a gold and black Adidas tracksuit which was ripped on the side from the shoulder to his arm. The singer wasn't wearing shoes and his sunglasses had fallen off, ultimately ending up crushed in the roadway.
Katherine Fox who had to swerve to miss Michael who had fallen out of the Range Rover in an apparent failed attempt at closing the door, backed up her vehicle and shielded the singer from oncoming traffic. Ms. Fox described him in the aftermath of the accident.
"George didn’t say anything, he just seemed in shock. He was sitting down against a car and in the arms of his friend. The guy holding him was quite scared. He kept saying to George, "Are you alright mate?" I think George was lucky he didn't die. If he'd landed in the second lane he would have been hit by a car without a doubt. He was in the middle of the M1. I could have run him over."
Paramedics responded to the scene quickly and George Michael was airlifted to a trauma hospital with cuts and bumps to his head.
George Michael's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz at the singer's home in Highgate, told the press that the former Wham! singer was doing alright following the accident.
"He is perfectly fine. Of course I was worried, but I have spoken to him and he is good. I have no idea what happened, I wasn’t there."
Sources told the Daily Mail the accident was under investigation. Speculation has arisen that the singer who has battled drug abuse and depression in the past may have jumped out of the vehicle. The Daily Mail reported that the Range Rover is very difficult to open following an accident. “It has a huge side impact bar running through the middle, and electronic motors and ­equipment for the windows and locking system, which means it takes real effort to open it,” according to columnist Colin Goodwin.
Police have confirmed the accident is far from "cut and dry."
George Michael nearly died 18-months ago when he contracted pneumonia while on tour in Vienna, describing it as the worst month of his life, which saw the singer fall into a coma and undergo a tracheotomy.
More about George michael, London, m1, Entertainment
More news from
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News