CNN reports a suspect has been arrested in connection with the deadly Boston Marathon bombings. CNN later recanted: "Two senior administration officials and another federal official then told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding."
Other news outlets such as NBC and CBS claim no arrest has been made, though.
Media outlets first reported an arrest has been made in the Boston bombings investigation based on two videos showing the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend. Particularly, the video from a Lord and Taylor department store near the site of the second blast proved helpful in identifying the suspect, CNN adds.
Investigators said they were focused on video taken in the area closest to the blasts, which killed three people and injured 176 near the finish line Monday.
While CNN reports a suspect has been named, other media outlets contend the claim. CBS's Twitter feed writes no arrests have been confirmed, but law enforcement officials are trying to identify one person." The person is known to be a young man.
The Boston Globe writes "the suspect was to be brought to federal court."
The Globe reported today that investigators had found evidence that timing devices were used to detonate the bombs. Also, the lid of one of the pressure cookers (used to house the bombs) was located on the rooftop of a nearby building.
A press briefing is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET.
This article will be updated as further news is announced.
UPDATE [2:45 p.m. ET]:
Man sought as possible suspect is white male, wearing white baseball cap on backwards, gray hoodie and black jacket, we learn here.
UPDATE [2:30 p.m. ET]:
A possible suspect was identified in Boston bombings through cellphone tower call logs, CBS News now writes.