A 3-year-old girl allegedly swallowed glass in her Subway sandwich and was rushed to the ER with cuts to her mouth, cheek and tongue.
Huffington Post is reporting 3-year old girl was rushed to the emergency room after her mother allegedly discovered glass inside the child's Subway sandwich.
3-year old Aubrey was rushed to the hospital by her mother, Laura Clark; after Clark allegedly discovered both the glass in the sandwich and cuts to her daughters lips, mouth and cheeks.
According to Clark, the glass pieces ranged in size as large as a pinkie fingernail. The child did not receive stiches, but experienced bleeding the following morning. She also is at risk for infections if any of the consumed glass remains in her digestive system.
Huffington Post has posted a photo of the glass.
Clark is frustrated with the lack of communication from Subway.
There’s nothing being done by Subway’s head office," Clark said. “They’ve given us nothing but the runaround and pretty much downplayed everything that’s happened.”
A quote from Subway development agent Mike Lopez explains the company's position:
“There is a customer who allegedly found a foreign object in her sandwich” said Mike Lopez, a development agent with Subway. “We have started an investigation and our franchisee has taken proper precautions and contacted all the appropriate people throughout Subway. The customer has been contacted by our insurance company… and as of right now we are still waiting for answers.”
Whether or not Lewis will sue the company remains unknown.
In related Subway news, two New York men are suing Subway for selling them a foot-long sandwich that was 11 inches — not twelve.