A dog in Paris has experienced what is being described in the media as a "miraculous" escape after he was poisoned and buried alive.
According to Sky News, the Jack Russell terrier was buried underground when a man saw the dirt slightly moving. The movement is being attributed to convulsions caused by poison.
Rescuers rushed the barely alive dog to a veterinarian who nursed him back to life. The pup was up and around 24 hours after his remarkable rescue.
"It's extraordinary. We only see this in TV movies," said veterinarian Philippe Michon. "He came back to life and without a scratch. It's rather miraculous."
The dog, who had an ID chip embedded, was later identified as "Ethan" and investigators learned he had been buried on his third birthday. His owner said that Ethan had been given away. Authorities are investigating this claim, reported the Associated Press (via Yahoo!).
"(Ethan) had an unbelievable chain of luck. If the ground hadn't trembled, no one would have taken a shovel to it," Michon had said.
This story comes on the heels of another story of dog poisoning in Pennyslvania. Last week at a pit bull education event, five puppies were poisoned. Two of the 8-week-old dogs died and three are currently recovering. It was reported the puppies were poisoned through water.
At this time it is not clear if authorities know what with or how Ethan was poisoned.