A dog is being credited with saving the life of a Connecticut infant, alerting his owners after the child stopped breathing.
Duke, a rescue dog who was adopted by the Brousseau family nearly six years ago, alerted the Portland Connecticut family that something was wrong, jumping on their bed and shaking uncontrollably. Jenna Brousseau told WFSB"He is insanely obedient, so this is extremely bizarre."
Duke's behavior was so unusual it prompted Brousseau and her husband to check on Harper, their 9-week-old daughter. Upon entering Harper's room, he noticed she was not breathing and immediately called 911.
Paramedics arrived and were able to revive Harper. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment. According to an ABC report, doctors are not sure what caused Harper to stop breathing. They are speculating that it could have been due to acid reflux.
The Huffington Post quotes Jenna as saying: "If Duke hadn't been so scared, we would have just gone to sleep. He's the perfect dog, he was meant, meant to be ours."