Buns at McDonald's stores in New Zealand have been pulled while the company investigates whether glass from a lightbulb contaminated the dough.
According to Huffington Post, the decision to pull the buns was made after the broken lightbulb was discovered on the floor right by the buns' production line.
McDonald's spokesman, Simon Kenny, said that the risk is low that any glass actually got into the buns, but they could not guarantee that all the buns were glass-free.
According to Eater National, McDonald's decided to close around 50 of its 24-hours stores on Friday night.
According to Sunday Star Times, McDonald's revealed the nature of the problem on Saturday, and the public relations team reassured their customers that the incident was just a minor one.
Richard Hoskins, an Auckland medical officer of health, said that nobody contacted him about the incident, and if there was a risk to human health, then he would have expected to be contacted.
No injuries were reported.