Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.

Jimmy Savile allegedly molested nine year old cub scout

article:334861:10::0
By Steve Hayes     Oct 15, 2012 in World
Kevin Cook says Jimmy Savile sexually assaulted him when he was a nine year old boy scout on the celebrity's "Jim'll Fix It" television show. The disclosure makes Cook the youngest known alleged victim of the former star.
Cook told The Sun how Savile enticed him into the star's dressing room with the promise of a Jim Fixed It For Me badge. Once inside the dressing room, Savile told Cook to sit down and asked:
Are you ready to earn your badge?
Cook said the star proceeded to molest him. Savile then told Cook not to tell anyone. He said:
Don’t you dare tell anyone. We know where you live.
Before arrogantly adding:
Nobody would believe you anyway, I’m King Jimmy.
Mr Cook explained that he was speaking out now, as the torrent of allegations had brought painful memories of the ordeal flooding back.
Cook had appeared on the show in 1976 along with the other members of 44th Newham East cub pack from East London. The entire pack were presented with just one Jim Fixed It For Me badge. Mr Cook said that Savile must have noticed his disappointment at not receiving an individual badge.
I’d imagined a giant badge, but it was just a normal one with a long ribbon to fit round us all. I must have looked disappointed because Jimmy said, "Do you want one of your own? Don’t tell anyone else though."
Savile took the young Kevin Cook to his dressing room. Cook said:
He pulled my shorts down and started fondling me. I sat there frozen, too terrified to speak. He just kept saying, "Does that feel nice?" Then he grabbed my hand and made me rub him through his trousers. As it was happening, a man opened the door and put his head round. He just said, "Oops" and shut the door.
Mr Cook says the assault changed him completely. He said:
I’d lie awake at night, terrified he was going to come and get me. I hated being anywhere on my own. I stopped playing sport and never liked going anywhere I had to take my clothes off.
I was always forging notes from my mum to get out of swimming.
For ages I felt like it was my fault. I felt guilty.
The stuff in the papers brought all the old feelings back. My wife knew something was wrong so in the end I told her.
She rang the police and handed the phone to me, saying I had to speak out. Essex police interviewed me by phone and said the Met will be coming to see me.
I wish I’d told someone all those years ago. I tried not to let it bother me over the years, but you can never quite get rid of it.
All I feel is hatred for that man. I wish he was still alive to face up to what he’s done.
Essex police have passed the allegation on to the Metropolitan police, which is the national lead for the investigation. According to the Daily Mail, the Metropolitan police said they were unable to comment on individual cases. A spokesperson added:
We are collating allegations from around the UK for assessment. We can confirm we believe offending to have taken place over six decades. There are 12 cases confirmed as crimes but we are not breaking this down.
As Sky News reports, Mr Cook is only one of several male alleged victims who have so far come forward. Another man alleges he was assaulted by Jimmy Savile as a ten year old when he was a resident of the Haut de la Garenne children's home in Jersey, which the media dubbed the House of Horrors. Savile is also alleged to have sexually assaulted another nine year old boy in his Rolls Royce.
article:334861:10::0
More about Jimmy Savile, Child sexual assault, Scandal, Boy scouts, Police
More news from

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers