Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.
Connect
Log In Sign Up
2 comments   Listen   Print   article:334698:9::0
In the Media

article imageSquirrel flambé attempt leaves dozens homeless

A resident's attempt to make squirrel flambé left dozens of people displaced when the blowtorch the aspiring chef was using set his apartment building on fire.
Holland Township Michigan Fire Chief Jim Kohsel told MLive the blaze, which heavily damaged one building in the apartment complex, began on a third floor deck around 12:29 pm on Wednesday. A resident in the building decided to use a propane torch to remove the squirrels fur prior to cooking it.
CBC News is reporting once the flames reached the roof, it spread throughout the building, destroying eight apartments. A total of 32 apartments were destroyed or damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.
No residents were injured in the blaze, but one firefighter did suffer a broken toe Chief Kahsel told the Washington Post.
The local branch of the American Red Cross are assisting the displaced residents find temporary housing, as well as providing clothing and personal care items.
article:334698:9::0
More about Fire, Apartment, Squirrel, Cooking
More news from
Latest News
Top News
Engage

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers