Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.

article imageThe Taliban says Prince Harry is still in danger

By Anne Sewell     Sep 24, 2012 in World
Last week the Taliban attacked the base where Prince Harry is stationed in Afghanistan. According to the Taliban, the latest threat comes from fellow UK citizens, who have been trained as "turncoat fanatics" to kill Prince Harry.
Qari Yousef Ahmadi, Taliban Spokesman, told the Daily Star, “We have thousands of attackers ready to give up their lives for the Prophet Mohammed and kill the prince. That is our intention. They come from all over the world – from England, Pakistan.”
“They will lay down their lives so that the world will know our anger. The British and American invaders are not welcome in this land and must leave,” he added.
While it is well known that the Taliban has been luring foreign nationals to train with them in Afghanistan, this is reportedly the first direct insinuation that UK citizens could be used in a suicide mission against the Prince.
When the Taliban attacked Camp Bastion on September 14, Prince Harry survived, and is currently serving a four-month tour of duty. The Prince recently told reporters that the Taliban do not scare him. However, the prince, a helicopter pilot, did receive extra protection during the attack.
The Taliban claimed a moral victory for the attack, despite failing to kill the prince, as they killed two marines and damaged or destroyed eight US fighter jets in the base. This attack cost around US$200 million in damage.
“We attacked that base because Prince Harry was also on it, and so they can know our anger,” Ahmadi told the Associated Press after the attack.
“Thousands more suicide attackers are ready to give up their lives for the sake of the prophet.”
There are media reports that insurgents have already been found by British soldiers, bearing Premier League football tattoos. Also surveillance of Taliban radio frequencies has picked up Midland and Yorkshire accents.
According to NATO and the British Defense Ministry, Prince Harry was never in danger during the previous attack and NATO spokesman Martyn Crighton said, "Prince Harry was never in any danger."
He further said that Camp Bastion is one of the most heavily fortified bases in the world, and the prince was 2 kilometers from the attack site.
More about Prince Harry, Taliban, Threat, camp bastion, Afghanistan
More news from
Latest News
Top News

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers