According to CBC News
, Pam Depeel had purchased a hot dog through the Dairy Queen's drive through in Ponoka, Alta. As her daughter went to eat the hot dog, the 7-year-old noticed something wasn't right.
"She had it for a couple of seconds and then she said, 'Mommy this doesn't smell good, I can't eat this,'" said Depeel, reported CBC. "She passed it back up and that's when I looked at it and the hot dog was rancid and the bun was covered in mold, on both sides of the bun."
Depeel took some pictures of the hot dog and bun and then tossed it.
After contacting the Dairy Queen where she'd purchased the hot dog and also the company's headquarters, she feels she's not gotten an adequate response. She says she was promised coupons, but never received them.
"They are doing nothing and they stopped communicating with me," she said. "I need to know that some child is not going to get a mouldy hot dog like this again."
Dairy Queen says the company sent her $100 in gift certificates, apologizing and saying this is an isolated incident.
Depeel describes her experience with Dairy Queen is making her "really unhappy."
described the image, which is posted in CBC's story, as "grody to the max."
Guessing chances are Depeel won't be going back for Dairy Queen's Sept. promotion