Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.

article imageVideo: Watch McDonald's staff save baby choking on chip

article:330271:9::0
By JohnThomas Didymus     Aug 7, 2012 in Health
CCTV captured the moment staff and customers at a McDonald's outlet in Sydney, Australia battled to save the life of 14-month-ld Nevaeh last month. McDonald's staff saved the toddler's life when she stopped breathing after choking on a chip.
The Daily Mail reports Tevita and Glory were eating with their one-year-old child at McDonald's when she began choking on a french fry. The toddler stopped breathing. Her Dad rushed her to the counter for help.
According to Ninemmsn, James Hatcher, Rachel Whyat, Stephanie Farugia and customer Naomi Donovan spent 150 seconds battling frantically to save the child's life. The Mirror reports they placed Nevaeh face down on the counter while people rubbed and pounded on her back in a desperate effort to dislodge the chip. Nevaeh's mom can be seen crying as her daughter fought for life.
The video shows a blond-haired McDonald's worker holding his ear close to check if the child was breathing.The Mirror reports that restaurant manager James Hatcher, 21, told Channel Nine’s A Current Affair that the mother cried, saying: "Save my baby, she's choking, she’s not breathing." He said: "It just kicked in straight away; that you have to do this.” Hatcher said the child was already turning blue when he started trying to dislodge the chip.
According to the Daily Mail, before paramedics arrived, emergency staff gave instructions over the phone to Ms Farugia. A customer in the drive-through also came over to help. Another customer Naomi Donovan, said: "At the time I grabbed her she was limp, really limp, going blue she wasn't breathing. She's in my hands, I'm staring at her parents screaming and crying."
Nevaeh started breathing after three minutes. The father can be heard in the background pleading for his daughter to breathe. He said “I was just in shock, it felt like an eternity to be honest."
She was taken to the hospital where she spent the night, and released the following day. Hospital staff said she suffered a seizure that caused her to choke.
Ninemsn reports Nevaeh's mother said: “I seriously thought I was going to lose her. I thought, (my) baby can't die – that's what I seriously thought that was happening.”
The staff at the Mount Druit McDonald’s outlet received an award for their life-saving action and were praised by New South Wales ambulance service, The Huffington Post reports.
article:330271:9::0
More about mcdonald staff, Toddler, Choking, Chip
More news from

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers